Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
At the forefront of what we do is the potentially positive impact our efforts can have on improving the lives of critically ill patients. Our dedicated and talented clinical development and management teams are among the best in the industry, with long track records of successfully developing novel therapeutics. We strive to foster a collaborative, creative, and science-driven environment where our employees can take pride in their accomplishments and where their contributions are valued.
We’re centered on our five core corporate values, and we look for potential employees who embody the same ideals.
Our Five Core Values
1. Make commitments and live up to them
2. Leverage scientific ingenuity
3. Hold ourselves to the highest standards of ethical behavior
4. Embrace unique talents, honoring diverse life and work styles
5. Promote an environment of trust
Chimerix, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, Chimerix provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please send an email to email@example.com or call 919-806-1074.
Click column header to sort
We are currently seeking a experienced Associate Director/Senior Clinical Project Manager. The selected individual will serve as a member of our Project Management team to manage the timelines associated with the clinical development of compounds. Thorough knowledge of the intricacies of clinical trails will be required-- this is a senior level role within our team.
- Coordination and project management responsibility for clinical trials, including organization of the trials, tracking and management of budgets and timelines
- Work with Regulatory or other appropriate team members on responses to questions occurring during the regulatory approval process of a trial or during the trial (by competent authorities, Independent Ethics Committees (IECs)/Institutional Review Boards (IRBs)
- Ensure that Clinical Trial Team follows SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and regulatory guidelines such as ICH GCP
- Serve as the key contact for the contracted CRO, and ensure accurate and timely information flow within the Chimerix cross-functional team
- Serve as primary reviewer for project level study plans and amendments (e.g., project plan, monitoring plan, risk plan) and provide/coordinate input on all other functional group plans (e.g., data management plan, medical monitoring plan, safety management plan)
- Review regulatory submission packages (e.g., CTAs) from an operational perspective and provide feedback when appropriate
- Oversee finance requirements for clinical trials such as accruals and forecasting
- Experience in contributing to or creating clinical operations SOPs
- International/multi-national trial experience
- Review vendor payments/invoices to ensure they are in-line with agreed upon contracts
- Experience reviewing site essential documents and IP release packets
- Respond to investigative site questions and Clinical Research Organization (CRO) regarding protocol issues and implementation
- Technical experience in reviewing labs manuals for use in clinical trials
We are seeking an experienced Medical Director to provide medical and scientific input for all medical aspects of a set of clinical development programs. The selected individual will be responsible for providing correct and updated scientific and medical information for the respective therapeutic area.
- Assure medical/scientific integrity of clinical trials and of both internal and external contacts related to therapeutic program.
- Provide training and ongoing input to all members of the clinical sub-team on medical issues related to therapeutic field in question.
- Assess and interpret trial results
- Actively observe and adopt relevant new medical trends/tools in specific therapeutic areas.
- Establish and/or maintain contacts with KOLs in specific therapeutic areas.
- Serve as a medical spokesperson for the company, as needed, with the internal and external community including various regulatory and governmental agencies.